ABOUT THE PERFORMERS’ FESTIVAL
Inaugurated in 2006, the biennial Performers’ Festival (PF) gives musicians of all ages a public platform to showcase their talents before a live audience. It is a festival and not a competition, so you are not being compared to other performers. You have the chance to select music that you like and can play well, and perform it to the best of your ability in a professional setting before an international adjudicating panel. You are not vying for a grade – you are reaching for your personal best!
Categories: Solo piano, piano duet, violin, viola, cello, voice, chamber (competitive & non-competitive)
- To encourage and promote a lifelong love of music by extending musical performance from the teaching studio to the concert stage
- To nurture and instil interest and to widen music awareness
- For parents to enjoy and BE PART of their children’s musical growth
Benefits for the Student
- Motivate yourself towards a goal, at your own capacity and pace
- Broaden your repertoire and playing skills
- Widen your interest and develop a passion for music
- Boost your self-confidence
- Experience the whole process of preparing and performing in a real concert setting
- Learn to promote yourself and garner audience to support your performance
- Interact and learn from fellow performers
Benefits for the Teacher
- Showcase your students in a public setting
- Help set realistic and achievable goals for each individual student
- Stretch each student to his/her fullest potential
- For students to explore a wide music repertoire
- Use the Festival as an opportunity for professional development and recognition
SUPPORTING PROMISING STUDENTS
The Festival has been supporting promising participants through various ways. To date, close to S$50,000 of scholarships have been awarded to outstanding Platinum performers whose teachers are SMTA members. Outstanding string players have also been awarded hand-crafted bows kindly sponsored by Singaporean Archetier, Paul S. J. Goh while the most outstanding performer had been awarded the first-ever “Concerto Experience in Rehearsal” prize with Singapore’s Orchestra of the Music Makers (OMM).
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE FESTIVAL
Scholarships will be awarded to selected outstanding Platinum performers whose teachers are SMTA members OR who are SMTA members themselves.
Handcrafted bows by Paul Goh
The most deserving Violin, Viola and Cello performer, whose teachers are SMTA members OR are members themselves, will each be awarded a customised hand-crafted bow (total value of US$10,000) by Singapore’s first and only Archetier (bowmaker), Paul Goh.
Venue: Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music
The Performers’ Festival gives you the unique opportunity to perform at the Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music, National University of Singapore.
Video Recording of your Performance
To commemorate your special moment, participants will receive a complimentary video recording of their performance which may also serve as their music portfolio or for audition purposes.
Gala Concert & Awards Ceremony
Outstanding Platinum recipients shall be invited to perform in the Gala Concert and Awards Ceremony.
Organized by THE SINGAPORE MUSIC TEACHERS’ ASSOCIATION (FOUNDED 1966) Reach for the Star in You! A pe …